Thursday, September 24, 2009

Outer Focus Photos: Photo of the Day September 24, 2009

This yummy delight is from the Baghdad Cafe in the Castro District of San Francisco. Since I was on vacation, I figured I should try something extravagent I wouldn't ordinarily order. Eggs benedict is one of those fru fru dishes I see people order for brunch when they're trying to be fancy. But this one also had crab cakes and avocado! How could I go wrong?

It was so good, I devoured the first one (sans the English muffin) before I remembered to photograph this delicious delight. I think the river of egg yolk adds a nice touch to the photo. Everytime I see this picture, I want that very meal all over again. I had no idea what I've been missing all these years. From now on, when I'm invited to brunch, I plan to be one of the fru fru people that orders eggs benedict (hold the bread).

With this, I must broadcast my newfound love for food photography. I'm not in to staged, studio, fake-looking food photography. I love images of real food in real settings, with real ingredients, and real messes and bites taken. I like creating images of foods that about to be loved. I am looking for someone who's writing a cookbook with whom to collaborate. If you know any people in the Chicago area, hook a sister up!

To see more of my food and drink photos, visit: Outer Focus Photos Food & Drink Pics

Cheers,
Brigette

Outer Focus Photos
www.outerfocusphotos.com
info@outerfocusphotos.com
773.853.2283

No comments:

Post a Comment