Monday, September 21, 2009

Outer Focus Photos: Photo of the Day September 21, 2009


I love shooting unique portraits. It is a great way to get to know somebody and help them express their colorful personality in pictures. Often times, I get requests for people wanting to do a portrait session, then they begin to fret about the details. Some people think a portraits has to be highly conceptual, multiple wardrobe changes, professional makeup and hair, fancy lighting, etc. I cannot explain enough that the best portraits come from simply BEING YOU.

Do you have a favorite pair of jeans? What hobbies do you have? Where do you like to spend your free time? When do you feel the most "yourself"? If you love to bake, great! Let's do a photo session in your kitchen. Maybe we can add some cute pumps and vintage apron to spice things up. If you're a musician, let me photograph a quiet hour of you writing music, drinking whiskey, and just being "at one" with your instrument. If you have kids, lets bring along some of their favorite toys to keep their young brains busy and mark the moment.

The way I shoot portraits does not require an enormous production. I try to create intimate images that reflect real people at their best. Often, I can shoot using just available light or my on-camera strobe. I'm patient and don't mind working with you until you're comfortable or forget you're in front of a camera.

As you can see from the two photos above, I can get fun, self-expressive results from a simple photo shoot that took less than an hour. If you want sweet and cute, we can do that! If you want strong and edgy, it just takes the right adjustments to set that moods as well. And if you've got a wrinkle, a scar, or tattoo with an ex-lover's name on it you'd like to disappear from your portraits, I can wave my magic Photoshop wand. The more offbeat and unique location you choose for your portraits, the more "like you" they will look!

I look forward to many, many more portrait collaborations!
To see portfolio of portraits and pricing, visit: Outer Focus Photos - Unique Portraits

Best,
Brigette
Outer Focus Photos
www.outerfocusphotos.com
info@outerfocusphotos.com
773.853.2283

No comments:

Post a Comment