Friday, September 18, 2009

Outer Focus Photos: Photo of the Day September 18, 2009


Pet portraits are one of my favorite things to photograph. There is no other task like it. In one way, they are the most difficult portraits, yet they are also the easiest. You cannot tell a cat, dog, or horse to hold his chin a little higher or hold still. You cannot tell a pot belly pig to smile more. Yet, because there are no verbal directions I can give an animal, it makes my job easier. I can just hang out with the critters in their environments and wait for them to get comfortable and be their adorable selves. Since I love animals so much, it gives me a chance to hang with furry cuties on their level and be as goofy as I want.

The camera has to always be focused and ready to fire around animals. Their licks, yawns, grins, naughty behaviors, and other funny movements and gestures do not allow me any retakes. It's important to have the animals in the right light and proper camera focus and shutter speed for optimal conditions and the best chance of catching a great shot (like these two).
A bit of post-production touching up helps enhance things too.

Especially for people who do not have kids, pets are as important to their lives and human relationships. This is why I offer pet portraits as unique as you. Everyone pet owner should consider immortalizing the cuteness at least once. You'll thank yourself every time you look at his adorable picture on your wall. To see more pet portraits, visit: Pet Portraits portfolio.


Warm and fuzzy regards,
Brigette

Outer Focus Photos
www.outerfocusphotos.com
info@outerfocusphotos.com
773.853.2283

No comments:

Post a Comment