Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Outer Focus Photos: Photo of the Day September 15, 2009

I have put off writing a blog about this particular photo job because I couldn't decide which ONE photo to feature. It is not that I think my work is so awesome. It's just that so many details of this wedding were amazing--from the couple that got hitched, the custom handmade dress, his kilt, the cupcakes, the super fabulous wedding party, even the place.

Perhaps I am biased on this wedding photogaphy job, given the couple are friends of mine. I've known the groom for about eighteen years. I was honored and delighted he thought to introduce me to his fiancé while passing through Chicago last year. Upon meeting her, I knew they were a perfect match, and he is lucky to have this stunning, kind woman in his life (and vice-versa). This couple has a special place in my heart I don't normally have for wedding clients, which only added even extra pressure for me to produce good work.

They chose a serene, homey place in the Redwood Forest of northern California for their ceremony. I tried to capture the grandeur of the giant trees in some of the photos. They served mac 'n' cheese for dinner (for which I gladly broke my no-carbs diet), had a signature beer made just for the event, and made personalized trivia cards for people to play at
the dinner table. As a human and as a photographer, it really is the small details that matter most to me. I try to capture that in my photography as well.

And the people... Every friend, family member, and wedding party guest was unique and kind, making my job super easy. When people allow me to wander and capture the candid moments as they happen, my photography is able to do a better job of storytelling. I am of course happy to photograph the posed moments too, which are often crazy fun in their own way.

So, anyway. I was unable to write a "photo of the day" for this one, because there were just too many moments and details from which to choose. Here are a few highlights of Jeff and Jenn's gettin' hitched in July in the woods of Los Gatos, CA.

THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN for choosing me to capture your memories and for calling me your friend.

Cheers,
Brigette

Outer Focus Photos
www.outerfocusphotos.com
info@outerfocusphotos.com
773.853.2283







No comments:

Post a Comment